Is it just me or has it been one heck of a week? Sooo…let’s talk dessert! Although dessert doesn’t always fit in to our training and racing goals, I’ll be the first to admit that there are many times when I’m craving something sweet & chocolatey. That’s why this super-easy Avocado Chia Chocolate Mousse is one of my favorites! And why it is featured on my Lighter profile.
How easy you ask?
- Place all ingredients in a food processor
- Pour into serving dishes & pop in the fridge
- Eat 🙂
You do want to let this mousse chill for a few hours before enjoying, so I normally prepare it in the morning so that it’s ready for my after-dinner treat. I separate it into 4 serving dishes and seal tight. That’s almost a whole week of desserts!
**the recipe on the Lighter profile is for a single serving, the recipe on my page creates 4 servings
Avocado Chia Chocolate Mousse
When training volume is high and I need an extra dose of healthy fats this dessert/snack doubles to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (or use raw cacao powder for an extra boost of nutrients)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp agave (or less if your taste allows – you can also use maple syrup)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high power blender and process for 3-5 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour into a serving dish, cover and chill for a few hours.