A slight twist on your typical chickpea salad – I use ripe avocado in place of vegan mayonnaise as a healthy, creamy fat alternative. There are many ways to enjoy this dish – I like to load it into romaine lettuce wraps (and then add pickle slices on top for even more dill flavor!). I also enjoy it as a topper to a spinach salad. You can add it in a wrap or pita with other veggies and sprouts. Or simply eat it out of the bowl with a spoon 🙂
Avocado Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 stalk of celery, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into large pieces
- 1 Tbsp onion
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp dried dill (I prefer lots of dill!)
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Add celery, carrot and onion to a food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse a few more times, scraping down the sides as needed, until well-mixed but with some chunks remaining.