If you haven’t noticed I am a big fan of curries. I could eat curry every day. Easy to make, so much flavor, and so many benefits for athletes! I always preach that the best way to recover from a hard workout or race is with a nourishing curry. I cannot tell you the last time I’ve popped a NSAID – it’s been so many years. Why take a pill created in a lab when you can use natural spices to keep inflammation at bay?
As I enjoy curries so often, I find it convenient to mix up a few single-serving jars of my curry mix at a time. Although it doesn’t take that long to throw a mix of spices into a dish on the stove I find it quick and easy to simply open 1 jar and dump the entire contents in the pan when I am in a hurry to get dinner made!
Coconut Quinoa and Sweet Potato Curry is one of my favorite go-to curry dishes. After my evening workout I can throw the quinoa and chickpeas in a saucepan while I hop in the shower and prepare the rest afterwards.
Coconut Quinoa & Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas with liquid
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 15-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- Add chickpeas with liquid and quinoa to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat – simmer for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Use another saucepan with a steamer basket and bring water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and steam for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add your spice mix, the chickpea quinoa mix, and sweet potatoes to the skillet and add coconut milk.
- Mix well and bring to a boil before covering and reducing the heat to low.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the coconut milk reduces to a thick curry.
Pingback: How This Ultrarunner Fuels Her Body On A Vegan Diet | Fitness Health Yoga
Thankss for writing