A quick and delicious handmade fuel for training, racing, or anytime you’re craving a sweet snack. I like to freeze a few in little baggies that I can pop into my vest when I’m ready to hit the trails! You can substitute any dry fruit or go big and use chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Jelly Power Balls
Know exactly what's in your fuel by making your own energy bites!
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and thoroughly drained
- 2/3 heaping cup of rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries (or other dried fruit, chocolate chips)
- 3 Tbsp peanut or almond butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Pulse the soaked, drained dates in a food processor until they form a ball.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until combined. Try not to over-process as it will turn into a paste. You want texture!
- Roll into ~1 inch balls – this should yield 15-20 depending on your preferred size.
- Pop in fridge or freezer. They’ll last up to a week in the fridge.