Kale salad is one of my favorites! It is my preferred meal base the night before a race. This recipe is taken from my favorite eatery here in New Paltz – Karma Road’s Kalecado. It’s super-easy to make a big batch of salad that can last for a few days.
Killer Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 large carrots – grated or shredded
- ~ 1 cup salted cashews
- ~ 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Wash your kale, remove stems, and rip into bite-size pieces.
- Scoop out the insides of your avocado, roll up your sleeves, and massage the kale by mashing the avocado with your hands until it’s full incorporated.
- Add carrots, cashews, and cranberries – give it another good mix to incorporate all ingredients.
- Store in the fridge.