I always enjoy finding new desserts to satisfy my sweet tooth while providing my body with proper recovery fuel. When Minimalist Baker posted this recipe I couldn’t wait to try this alternative to my beloved Avocado Chia Chocolate Mousse. This rich, creamy pudding loaded with protein and healthy fats surely didn’t disappoint! It tastes great as is, but for an extra indulgence add some coconut whipped cream and peanut butter drizzle, or fresh fruit.
Chocolate Cashew Pudding
A rich and creamy pudding high in protein and healthy fats.
- 1 scant cup (105 g) raw cashews
- 3-4 Tbsp (45-60 ml) unsweetened almond milk or light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (24 g) unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) maple syrup (or sub more dates)
- 2 pitted Medjool dates (or sub more maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add raw cashews to a mixing bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let set for 1 hour, then rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Add to blender along with remaining ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Scoop pudding into serving containers and cover. Chill in the refrigerator until cold and thickened – at least 2-3 hours. Serve as is or with my favorites: coconut whipped cream, peanut butter drizzle, or fresh fruit!